KITCHEN CHEF (Internship)
Start : anytime
Duration: 6-12 months
- Volunteer visa with work permit
- Food from the farm
- Be part of a great lifestyle
Location: Pai, Mae Hong Son, Northern Thailand.
The Chef’s mission
The farm’s chef is a key player in the ecosystem of the people working at Pai Seedlings. He is the direct link between the garden and the people. Using your creative skills you will magnify the production and feed all these people. You will get to harvest the highest quality seasonal ingredients from the farm, and cook daily nourrishing meals.
While experience is prefered, we value passion and commitment over diplomas. If you believe in community building projects, healthy grounding work and local resilience, this might be for you !
Responsibilities & Duties
Farm’s Chef (start now)
- Co-organize production with the farm manager
- Daily harvest of fresh seasonal farm produce
- Cook daily meals (lunch) for the teams and use the produce (Daily lunch for 5-10 people ; biweekly CSA meals for 10-15 people).
Agricultural Cooperative Chef (start 2024-25)
- Create recepies to make long shelf-life products to sell to partners.
- Develop the production line
- Teach and supervise the local cooks.
Qualification & Skills
- Education as a kitchen chef OR cooking experience with a desire to become a chef.
- Understanding of healthy and balances diets.
- Creative cooking to adapt to seasonal production.
- Jarring and storing
- Must be able to work independantly AND as a leader when help is required.
- Organized : must be able to organize supplies, production and stocks, keep inventory, keep the kitchen clean and organzed.
Salary & Benefits
- Interneship starts immediatly.
- Volunteer visa + work permit.
- Based in Pai, Mae Hong Son
- Other benefits :
- Organic produce and meals from the farm.
- Possible free accomodation after 6 months trial period.
- Possibility to evolve to a paid position in 2025.